Love is a “many-splendored thing.” It is full of surprises and rewards, and it is tempting to ingrain the wonderful aspects of a relationship to memory while blurring out the least-favorable moments.
But realistic love is full of nuance. Yes, there are ups and downs, but there are scary turns and sudden stops. We are faced with complications that aren’t black and white, choices that you never saw coming and have no easy answer. Sometimes love is true but can lie, sometimes it is duplicitous but authentic.
We are in love with love– with the comfort of companionship, and the ideal of commitment. But who, in a relationship, has not been crossed by temptation? Who has not experienced love turning to hate at the next dawn? When have you hated the fact that you were in love and felt helpless about it?
- DLZ – TV on the Radio
- Pregnant – Cold War Kids
- Howlin’ For You – The Black Keys
- Down Boy – Yeah Yeah Yeahs
- Sister – She Wants Revenge
- The Recluse – Cursive
- Love Is a Murder – The Constellations
- You Don’t Know What Love Is – The White Stripes
- Aint No Rest For The Wicked – Cage The Elephant
- Happiness is Overrated – The Airborne Toxic Event
- Alone – The Morning After Girls
- X’Plotation – Microfilm
- All Of The Above – The Phenomenal Handclap Band
- Holdin On To Black Metal – My Morning Jacket
- Desperate Guys – The Faint
- Famine Affair – Of Montreal